Friday, August 5, 2011

Spint Canoe/Kayak Nationals

Its been a grueling 2days of racing so far in the georgia heat and humidity. The 1000m races took place on Thursday, Jen and I placed 1st in the K2 and I was 3rd in the K1 but was disqualified because my boat was underweight! I was so mad but it was my own fault I took the weights out of my boat and used them in the K2 and forgot to put them back in my boat before the final, once you make one mistake like that you dont make it again!
Today was the 500m, the day started off early with a bang I won my heat in the K1 then, the National team K4 which I am a part of had a personal best, winning the event in 1:38 however one of the coaches clocked it as 1.37. The K2 was a tight race between Jen & I and the other K2 national team crew, they ended up edging us out in the final 150m of the race. Our K4 then competed in an exhibition  race against the mens national team C4 after that it was back to the K1 which was another tight race for 1st-3rd, I ended up in second. Tomorrow is the 200m. All events are streaming live on  www.lckc.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment